Thinking of expanding your home to accommodate a growing family, create a new room or incorporate more light into your living areas?
We are licensed builders, able to build and project manage your ground floor extensions or renovations and can provide an obligation free estimate!
Ground floor home extensions are a popular way of transforming your home, enabling you to customise and expand the functionality of a space you are familiar with; as well as adding or increasing the properties inherent value. The rising cost of property and the financial implications of purchasing a property are additional incentives to consider changing or extending your existing home.
Planning a Home Extension
Any home extension is a substantial investment in time and effort, so it is important to plan your home extension carefully and consider the following elements;
- Design – good design should complement the existing architecture of your home as well as its functionality and your lifestyle.
- Functionality – if you want your home to be functional and practical any extension should contribute toward this end. Ease of access and the ultimate use of a space need to be considered when planning.
Types of Home Extensions
Allform Home Additions perform a range of building services, including:
- Ground floor extensions – this is the most cost effective way of adding more space to your home, considering that adding another level is not only more involved, but is often significantly more costly on a per square metre basis.
- Sunrooms and Glassrooms – these spaces are typically added to provide more light and expand the open plan living element of your home. One of the major considerations when adding a sunroom or glassroom are the aspect or orientation of your home, as this will determine how much sun it receives. Allform have the experience to be able to maximise the potential of your property and design a specific solution for your home.
- Granny flats – a granny flat is an increasingly popular way of adding space to a home and creating an affordable housing option. While granny flats evoke images of poky extensions, modern versions are infinitely more spacious, well designed and appointed – with the options of an attached, semi-detached or free standing structure depending on your requirements.
If you are considering a home extension and how it can transform your property, for a free estimate please enquire through the contact form.